What are some things you can do right now to feel better?
1. Increase activities that lead to positive feelings. This tip sheet from VA.gov explains how it works.
2. Set firm boundaries with the dysfunctional people in your life.
3. Couples: Watch these videos together that are in this YouTube playlist. In between each one, turn to each other and tell each other what the most important thing you got from each one was.
3. Learn Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. This free online course will get you started on learning how to cope with stress, pain, and the challenges of life and deal with disturbing events with grace and composure. If you prefer the structure of a class, either online or in person, I highly recommend The Mindful Center of Albuquerque.
4. Set a consistent sleep schedule that you stick to, no matter what. Here are a few tips from the National Sleep Foundation.
5. Try 'combat' breathing:
Still need some guidance? Schedule an intake appointment.
Note: These tips aren't meant as a substitute for therapy, nor are they to be used to diagnose or treat any disease.