It's possible some self-help could make you feel better.
What are some things you can do right now to feel better?
1. Increase activities that lead to positive feelings. This tip sheet from VA.gov explains how it works.
2. Set firm boundaries with the dysfunctional people in your life.
3. Couples: Watch these videos together that are in this YouTube playlist. In between each one, turn to each other and tell each other what the most important thing you got from each one was. Do a couple's book club with The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work, discussing and working through the exercises in each chapter.
3. Learn Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. This free online course will get you started on learning how to cope with stress, pain, and the challenges of life and deal with disturbing events with grace and composure. (Note: If you prefer the structure of a class, either online or in person, I highly recommend The Mindful Center of Albuquerque.)
4. Set a consistent sleep schedule that you stick to, no matter what. Here are tips from the National Sleep Foundation.
5. Try 'combat' or 'tactical' breathing:
Still need some guidance? Schedule an Appointment