Our practice is located in the NE Heights/Foothills area in Albuquerque
in a quiet, peaceful setting.
Both Misty Pilgrim and Brian Pilgrim are independently licensed providers experienced in working with personnel in high stress occupations, including law enforcement and other first responders, military personnel, professionals with security clearances, first responders, and their family members.
Together, we have over 32 years of experience.
Click a name above for details, or just scroll down.
Misty Pilgrim, MEd, LMSW, LPCC
Misty is an independently licensed professional clinical counselor and licensed master's social worker. She specializes in psychotherapy in adults, individuals, and couples, and also works with adolescents, managing stress and anxiety spectrum disorders.
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, University of South Dakota
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology, University of South Dakota
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling, New Mexico Highlands University
- Master of Arts in Social Work, New Mexico Highlands University
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Essentials of CBT: The Beck Approach
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, CBT for Depression
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, CBT for Anxiety Disorders (in progress)
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Gottman Institute, Level I Training in Marital Therapy
- Gottman Institute, Level 2 Training in Marital Therapy (in process)
- Gottman Institute, Couples Addiction Recovery
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, The Mindful Center
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Providers, The Mindful Center (in progress)
- Motivational Interviewing, MITC Training and Education
- Albuquerque Police Department Behavioral Sciences Division
- Presbyterian Kaseman Behavioral Health Therapist, Case Manager, and Counseling Internship Supervisor
- Acadia Healthcare
- Counseling and Psychotherapy Institute
- Biomedical Research Institute at the NMVA Medical Center
New Mexico Counseling Board Approved Supervisor
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Social Workers
- New Mexico Counseling Association Ethics Chair
- Southwest Behavioral Health Independent Practice Association
Brian Pilgrim, PhD, MPA
Brian is a licensed clinical psychologist. He primarily specializes in a variety of psychological and cognitive assessment. His assessment services include therapeutic assessment for self-exploration, law enforcement pre-employment evaluations, fitness for duty evaluations and security clearance evaluations. His psychotherapy practice is with adults, both individuals and couples.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of New Mexico
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Clinical Psychology, University of South Dakota
- Master's of Public Administration (MPA), University of New Mexico
- Law Enforcement Pre-employment and Fitness for Duty evaluations
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression
- Gottman Level I Training in Marital Therapy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Problem Solving Therapy
- Center for Deployment Psychology Prolonged Exposure
- Army Aeromedical Psychology
- Army SERE Psychology
- New Mexico VA Medical Center Program Leader
- New Mexico Army National Guard State Psychologist
- Albuquerque Police Department Behavioral Sciences Division, Contract Psychologist
- Professional Management Enterprises Security Clearance Evaluator
- University of New Mexico, Department of Psychiatry Adjunct Associate Professor
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Personality Assessment
Call our office number to schedule an appointment.